Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
 
 
 
July 28, 2014
We Will Never Forget

   Worcester 6     

December 3, 1999

     FDNY 343 

      September 11, 2001

Ladder 4
Updated On: May 28, 2009

Ladder #4 - 1905

Ladder #4 - 1905  

from the collection of Ed Morrissey

Ladder #4 - 1935 Pirsch - 85' stick

Ladder #4 - 1935 Pirsch - 85' stick   

from the collection of Ed Morrissey

Ladder #4 - 1980 Pirsch - 100' stick

Ladder #4 - 1980 Pirsch - 100' tractor-trailer tiller 

from the collection of Ed Morrissey

Truck #4 1989 Maxim - 100' tractor-trailer (the former apparatus of Truck #3)

Ladder #4- 1989 Maxim - 100' tractor-trailer tiller (formerly Ladder #3) 

from the collection of Ed Morrissey

 

Ladder Company #4 was organized on 15 June 1905 in a new house at 113 Garden Street (the corner of Garden and Sherman Streets) using a horse-drawn ladder carriage. In July of 1920, the company received a new American LaFrance motorized city-service truck. In 1924, a new American LaFrance 75' tractor-trailer truck was placed in service. In February of 1946, Ladder 4 placed in service a 1935 Pirsch 85' wooden stick aerial ladder truck (formerly Ladder 1's apparatus).

In January, 1959, a new Pirsch 100' metal aerial truck was placed in service by the company. On 24 October 1980, a new 100' Pirsch truck was placed in service. This 1980 Pirsch was removed from service on 14 December 1992. A spare 1976 Seagrave 100' tractor-trailer was in service until July of 1994.

On 7 July 1994, the 1989 Maxim 100' tractor-trailer (former Truck 3's apparatus) was assigned to Truck Company #4.

In March of 2002, Ladder 4's current apparatus was placed in service, the 2002 Pierce rear-mount, heavy-duty 105' aerial ladder. 

historical information provided by Ed Morrissey

 


 
 
Cambridge Fire Fighters
Copyright © 2014, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

490309 hits since Dec 08, 2008
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image