Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
 
 
 
July 01, 2016

We Will Never Forget

   Worcester 6     

December 3, 1999

FDNY 343 

 September 11, 2001

Division 1
Updated On: May 28, 2009

photo from the collection of Ed Morrissey

 In 1912, the title, Deputy Fire Chief, came into use in the Cambridge Fire Department. Prior to this time, the titles, Assistant Chief and District Chief were used. In 1914, the Deputy Fire Chief was quartered with Engine 5 and Fire Headquarters in the new fire house in Inman Square, 1384 Cambridge Street. From 1914 until 1934, the Deputy Fire Chief was located at the Inman Square firehouse. On 25 February 1934, the Deputy Fire Chief was relocated to new quarters at the new Fire Headquarters at 491 Broadway.

photo from the collection of Ed Morrissey

On 12 June 1956, the city was divided into 2 fire suppression divisions. The downtown division was called Division 1. The Division 1 quarters remained at 491 Broadway until 1973. In 1973, the Division 1 Deputy Chief was relocated to Engine 2 quarters at 378 Massachusetts Av., Lafayette Square. In April of 1981, Division 1 relocated to its present location, the Inman Square firehouse.


Member Login
Username:

Password:

Forgot Your Login?
Calendar Key
 Group 1   Group 2 
 Group 3   Group 4 
Holiday

Follow Us
     

Support Pancreatic Cancer

Sunday August 14, 2016

Click above to join or donate to

FF Moynihan's team

In honor of his mother

CFD MDA Golf Outing

MDA

 2015 TOTAL : $20,602 

Hockey Team

Action Center

Important Links
City of Cambridge
Cambridge Fire Department
Cambridge Firefighters Credit Union
City of Cambridge Retirement Board
Mass Retirees
P.E.R.A.C.
Mass Office of Emergency Medical Services
Mass Human Resources Department
Mass AFL-CIO
*Any Missing Link Has Been Moved To Job Related Links In The Main Menu Section
 
 
Cambridge Fire Fighters
Copyright © 2016, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

663947 hits since Dec 08, 2008
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image